[78-L] Maloof

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Wed Jun 10 19:37:23 PDT 2009

Maloof not only used Gennett for pressing, he used their New York
recording facilities as well. So affirmed by the Gennett ledgers. Still,
the titles in the ledgers are written in transliterated "english"
lettering and not in Arabic. Most of the Maloof label titles I've seen
are in Arabic and sometimes there is a transliterated sub-title.
Macsoud may have used Gennett for pressing, but none of the artist's
names on the Macsoud labels match up with those recorded by Gennett as
far as I've seen to date. Maybe Spotts can fill in more here?
Mal

*******