[78-L] More Recordoons... WAS Fonotipia with Dealer stamp

I. Cubillo i.cubillo at telefonica.net
Wed Jun 10 15:12:27 PDT 2009

Good stories!

Wanna know another one? Just a fortnight ago, I found another Recordoon...
one of the shops in the Sunday flea market that had lotsa 78s. I was with my
little Johnny, 7 now, and it was late, he was tired of walkin' here and
dere, so we were just rushin' home. Suddenly I discovered the new shop...
used to be one of the trillions of antique shops, old furniture & warehouse
and the like... but this time was full of 78s, two big piles at the entrance
stairs, plus four milk crates inside. Probably 2,000 78s or so. I dug
through the entrance pile, fairly fast (my kid was hungry and tired) and
bought a Grace Fields british HMV of Stormy Weather, very nice and cheap.
Days later I tried to go there again, but it was impossible to find. Found
another store with a dozen 78s left, and bought one, but dunno if it was the
same shop... probably not, judging for certain details. Tried to find it two
or three more times the following days, but no success. Another Recordoon...
lost in the mists of the memory...

Inigo

Iñigo Cubillo