[78-L] ^some guys have all the luck

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 6 20:07:20 PDT 2009

Bud Black wrote:
> In Charlie Daniel's recording of "The Devil Went Down To Georgia," the line
> near the end of the song goes, "I told you once you (beep), I'm the best
> there ever was."  I've always assumed the "beep" covered up the words "
> son-of-a-bitch" since the meter of the line would indicate this.  Is there a
> recording somewhere that has the beeped phrase left intact?  Or, how about
> Johnny Cash's recording of "A Boy Named Sue," where he sings a line that
> goes, "I'm the (beep) that named you Sue?"  Sounds to me like the same
> epitaph was covered up here.

I have heard both of these intact.
Not to out do, there is a horrible song being plugged on the C&W
stations right now by Dixie Chicks stand-in (since their politically
induced purge from the playboxes) Sugarland, (sh) "It Happens".

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.