[78-L] Yummy, yummy, yummy [cont]

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Jun 6 19:09:42 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Harkin" <harkinmike at yahoo.com>
> I  THOUGHT Yummy Yummy Yummy was Monty Python -- local Bulgarian channel
> is running MPFC, and it was in yesterday's episode, along with How not to
> be seen, Crackpot Religions, and Conquistador Coffee....  'Twas backdrop
> for end titles, perfomred by a groupd of various-sized packing cases.  Be
> "interesting" to know what they are parodying....  Except that in the case
> of Rock and Roll it would be hard to parody somehing that's already a
> travesty, or so bad it's a parody of itself.

The only "Yummy, Yummy, "Yummy" I know of was actually titled "...Yummy, I
Got Love In My Tummy"
and was part of a dubious rock genre known as "Bubblegum" (named after the
favourite treat of its rather-
young fans...?!)!! Keep in mind that EVERY musical genre has its
embarrassments; the only possible use
for "Bubblegum" music would be as a soundtrack for a parody! Even the "Swing
Era" gave us "Mairzy
Doats" and "Three Little Fishies"...?!

...stevenc