[78-L] Yummy, yummy, yummy [cont]

Marie Lamb marie.lamb at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 11:37:18 PDT 2009

To Mike and everyone--

Oh, it was bad, and it was a real pop song!  Unfortunately, I remember this
all too well, since it was all over the airwaves when I was a kid (1968, I
think).  It was by a group called Ohio Express, and was considered quite a
sample of what was known as bubblegum music.  I don't blame the Pythons for
poking fun at it, since I detested the song, even though at age 9 I was
probably part of the intended tween audience for it.  Bless them for giving
it the sendup it so richly deserved! Here are the lyrics:

http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/supersizeme/yummyyummyyummy.htm
As you can see from the link, it showed up years later
on the soundtrack of "Super Size Me," the scathing documentary film about
the fast food industry.  Sadly, it was also the last song that Julie London
recorded before deciding to concentrate on her acting career.

As a friend's mom used to sing it, "Yummy, yummy,
yummy, I've got love in my tummy, and I feel like I'm
gonna puke!"  ;-)

Now you know what the Pythons were parodying--

Marie Lamb