[78-L] Harry Spindler or Sam Lanin

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Jun 6 16:52:02 PDT 2009

Are there matrix numbers, and if there are, are they consecutive?  I'm
not near my photocopies of the Gennett ledgers, but if the record is
listed there, if it is really a territory band rather than an
established band there would probably be an address of the hotel or
performer written in the ledger.  Anybody else with a photocopy set to
check?

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

From: Stephen Davies <SDavies at mtroyal.ca>
> Gennett 4796 has side A "Leave me with a smile" & side B "Wabash
blues" (a.k.a. "Wabash home").
This disc has "Harry Spindler's Hotel Sinton Orch of Cincinnati, Ohio"
credited on the label both sides, but I've seen Sam Lanin listed
elsewhere
as the performer on side B. What's the consensus? Thanks.- Stephen D
Calgary