[78-L] ^some guys have all the luck

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Jun 5 11:51:05 PDT 2009

Dnjchi at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 6/5/2009 2:42:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> dlennick at sympatico.ca writes:
>
> Dnjchi at aol.com wrote:
>>
>> In a message dated  6/5/2009 10:47:54 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
>> mbiel at mbiel.com  writes:
>>
>> The  Henry Morgan Show
>>

>>  The Henry Morgan Show???
>>
>> Don Chichester (who still  remembers)
>
> "Morgan'll be here on the same corner in front of the cigar  store next
> week."
>
> Incidentally, Morgan lived in Toronto for a couple of  years..ducking a
> divorce
> action or something. During that time he did  daily bits on CKFM and a few
> pieces on the CBC's Morningside, the last of  which was a gem..where he
> told a
> CBC producer and an entire network to go  screw itself. Took about ten
> minutes
> to do it,  too.
>
> dl
> Big network.
>
> dc

"Some network..........some screw."

I don't know if this went to the entire country. Morningside, like most
programs, was done LIVE to the Maritimes and then repeated in each time zone
from the original tape. If there was a goof-up or something that needed
changing or updating, the feed could be interrupted or the entire hour done
over, live (we did that many times). Or a genius tech and a genius assistant
producer could note the time where a bad word had been uttered and be ready to
bleep it when it was being re-fed..I kid you not. This didn't always work,
leaving listeners to say "Boy, what did he really say if they let THAT go through?"