[78-L] Never as simple as it seems

Mike Shaffer mkshffr at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 3 03:11:08 PDT 2009

Well I decided to ditz around with the GE tonearm for my Triple Play project. I did find that I could make some adequate connectors out of some spade lug crimp connectors but upon trying to mount the cartridge in the headshell I found that though it looks custom designed for this cart the headshell is about 1/8" too narrow. :(
Fortunately the functional aspects of the headshell design are pretty simple so I should be able to knock out one that fits by cutting it out of a piece of sheet steel. Onward and upward.
mike