[78-L] More rare beasts (rare in Spain)

I. Cubillo i.cubillo at telefonica.net
Wed Jun 3 09:13:52 PDT 2009

Dears and Dears:

Love to say that I went hunting early this morning. They were still there.

Several DISC records (50xx? and a bunch from 6022 to 6026, plus 6028). I picked two of them:

DISC 6022 & 6023
ASCH Recordings, New York
Melo-Jazz USA Series
European edition

Jazz At the Philharmonic, Vol. 4
Opera in Vout (Grove-Juice-Symphony) (4 parts,on  4 sides, matrix D-461 to 464)
SLIM GAILLARD (g, p, dr, vo) & BAM BROWN (b, vo)

There are too the others, 6024 to 26, and 28. They're from JATP vol.4 and 5, some sort of

Lester Leaps In (3 or 4 parts, Illinois Jacquet, Jack McVea, and the like)
Blues (in 3 parts or so)
St. Louis Blues or something alike...

Don't remember well, but I believe I must go there and pick the rest. A bit pricy (5 euros = 7$ each), but not all days one can find these things in Madrid.

There were too several good jazz records by Beny Carter (HMV), many Waller, Armstrong, and Bechet records. Many of them were french pressings.

Even there was a british Esquire record, don't remember the credits.

Iñigo Cubillo