[78-L] Murray Kellner

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sun May 31 17:16:16 PDT 2009

One of my fave players...I have him doing everything from country-style
fiddle solos to leading his wonderful band on several ARC sides from
1935...I have always assumed that this was pretty much the same band he had
on "Let's Dance."  My two fave sides are "Clouds" and #1 is "My Heart Is An
Open Book" which has a beautiful Kellner solo,  as well as about the
prettiest and cleanest lead trumpet I've hear on record...would sure like to
know who it is.  I once played it for a NY musician who suggested Russ Case,
but I don't know his solo work to even make a guess.

Taylor