[78-L] Rudy Vallee rejected for postage stamp

simmonssomer simmonssomer at comcast.net
Sun May 31 13:29:28 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 31, 2009 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: [78-L] Rudy Vallee rejected for postage stamp

> Lou Raderman, Y. Zayde, possibly Wladimir Silinsky (sp as in Rust), Murray
> Kellner..okay, so FW couldn't find one good Goyishe violinist.
>
> dl

Murray Kellner morphed into the goyishe Kel Murray when he led one of the
three bands (others were Benny Goodman and Xavier Cugat) on the
three hour "Let's Dance" program for  National Biscuit Co. in 1935.
It made Goodman and Cugie stars but Kel returned to fiddling as Murray.
The mills of the gods ground exceedingly fast that time.
Swing was there.

Al S.