[78-L] What the....?

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Fri May 29 12:34:57 PDT 2009

I had an unfortunate brain fart and forgot to bid on one record I
really wanted, the Spike Jones 'Drip, drip, drip'.  I accidentally
broke my dad's 78 of it when I was 5 and have never seen another copy.

But I'll be happy with the two I did manage to win--'Don't you rock me
daddy-o' by the Vipers on Parlophone, and that fabled, last-ever
acoustic Columbia recorded for the chain-store labels:  'There's a
wah-wah girl in Agua Caliente' by the Golden Gate Orchestra, from May
1930.  (Matrix 150528....I wonder if it was also the last acoustic
matrix actually recorded, as opposed to just the highest matrix number
issued?)