[78-L] What the....?

Stewart, Joseph R RandyStewart at MissouriState.edu
Fri May 29 12:11:46 PDT 2009

In a message dated 5/29/2009 8:23:30 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
dlennick at sympatico.ca writes:
You know  you're in a recession when you can place modest bids on two
Mickey Katz  Victors ($6.77 each) and win them.  A couple of years ago,
any purple
label Yiddish or Klez Victors on Reiss's list would have gone for about
three
times that.
And Mike in Phoenix (N7MW at aol.com) replied:
Same story for me on the recent Nauck auction.  More winners from  my
usual
batch of low-ball bids than in years.

Afraid I can't say the same--MY (relatively) low-ball bids on some
operatic vocals got me zippity-doo-dah-nada-not-a-bloody-thing in the
latest Naucktion.  First time I've gotten skunked on a Kurt auction in a
long time.  Not a unhappy camper, but not exactly pleased either.

Randy Stewart
Springfield MO