[78-L] Capitolians on CD or mp3

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu May 28 16:19:04 PDT 2009

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. wrote:
> I did find a few titles credited to a Capitolians on the MGM label, but
> they would be from early 40's.

No..this is a Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, a Columbia custom label from the late 20s,
linked to Harmony (etc) and distributed through Loews Theaters. Not MGM. The
Capitolians "Tip-Toe Thru the Tulips" b/w "Painting the Clouds with Sunshine"
also exists on Harmony and Paramount Publix under different orchestra
names..all the California Ramblers, if I'm not mistaken.

dl