[78-L] Capitolians on CD or mp3

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 28 15:49:20 PDT 2009

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. wrote:
> More searching for Lou Calabrese music:
> So far, I find precious little music by the Capitolians on CD or on
> records. I did find one song one a rather pricey 2 disk set
> Favorites of the Roaring 20's; Take Two. The song there is "You Were
> Meant For Me ".
> Lou was in the Capitolians with Walt Roesner from 28-early 30. From
> there he went to New Orleans and then to Minneapolis
> Were there other records? Songs? Obviously at least one more, the flip
> of this. What year is this song from? anyone have the discography info
> on it?
>
> Does anyone have more Capitolians music?

I did find a few titles credited to a Capitolians on the MGM label, but
they would be from early 40's. The house band from Capitol Theater on
Broadway was headed by Walt Roesner from 28-30. We all have seen the
videos. But were there any records released by that band? I am beginning
to doubt it.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.