[78-L] Nice article on George Avakian in today's WSJ

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue May 19 07:27:54 PDT 2009

Avakian also produced the first recordings of music by Hovhaness with Maro and
Anahid Ajemian (them Armenians, always sticking together). I e-mailed him last
year to find out whether the recordings on Dial were the same ones that had
appeared on noisy 78s on Disc and he confirmed that they were. Roundabout way
of telling you that I have his e-mail address (I don't think Will is on this list).

dl