[78-L] Mills Brothers song

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 18 19:31:55 PDT 2009

Royal Pemberton wrote:
> Another machine to investigate is the Alesis Masterlink.  It's a hard
> disk recorder with a CD mechanism, and an internal editing platform
> with some DSP functions as well.  Not state of the art, but definitely
> better than a Sound Blaster!  The Masterlink could suit for a medium
> to transfer the records to initially, then transfer from its CDRs into
> a computer to work with Audacity or other programs....just a thought.

Pricey, professional quality, though. Very nice.
I would consider a CD recorder a step down in price and in utility. For
simple analog capture they do work nicely though. ONe drawback: you have
to use CDR Music disks, which are slightly more expensive. You are
supposed to finalize them when you are done, but I discovered that my
computer reads them just fine without doing this, so I can take them
back and add more music. I can then use their entire capacity, which is
80 minutes.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.