[78-L] Mills Brothers song

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 18 17:04:55 PDT 2009

Steven C. Barr wrote:
> [...]
Just get a stereo female RCA plug (2 plugs on a "Y")-to-1/4" male
headphone jack adapter from Radio shack.

I did this at first and got fair results until I tried doing high
fidelity records. The results were dismal. Computer sound cards are of
inferior quality, not capable of high performance recording. At least,
my Sound Blaster wasn't up to it.. The CD recorder output is barely
discernible from the original
I used a magnetic cartridge phono, ran it through a stereo amp and
pulled the signal off auxiliary output. I tried using straight and
attenuated lines. Results were dull and lifeless.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.