[78-L] Garage Sale Find - Disc New York 12" 78 rpm Record

78records at cdbpdx.com 78records at cdbpdx.com
Sun May 17 21:28:21 PDT 2009

Went to a garage sale today and picked up a 12 inch 78 rpm record with a label I've never seen before, called DISC NEW YORK.  Song title was Lady Be Good by Gershwin - instrumental.  Almost left it behind, just got it because it had an unusual label and only cost 50c, but when I played it there was some of the finest jazz I've ever heard!  Took a close look at the small print on the label and it listed Lester Young, Willie Smith, Charlie Parker, Howard McGhee, Arnold Ross, Lee Young, and Billy Hadnot.

Learn something new every day.  I'm a happy camper.

CDB