[78-L] Record sighting on the silver screen

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu May 14 19:39:40 PDT 2009

Egad..a record sighting that shows what may be the right record! In "Doubt",
set in 1964, the needle is lowered onto an early 60s Columbia 45, and we
hear..complete with ticks and pops..Eydie Gorme's Blame It On The Bossa Nova.

Too bad I want to have the director drawn and quartered for a few other
offenses, but nice of him to get this one right.

By the way, I'm thinking that a Victory At Sea Suite conducted by Fiedler might
have appeared on Readers Digest, although the label shown (in Frost/Nixon) is
much later than 1977. Discuss among yourselves.