[78-L] cleaning and digitizing 78s

Ying-fen Wang nanguanl at ntu.edu.tw
Wed May 13 17:56:20 PDT 2009

Many thanks for all the great advice!!! I truly appreciate it.

I will study the recommended sources first and will ask you more specific
questions.

Ying-fen Wang

On 2009/5/12 5:30 PM, "Michael Biel" <mbiel at mbiel.com> wrote:

> I would recommend for information on cleaning for you to look
> at
http://discdoc.com/  especially since you say that the records are not
in
> very good condition.  I would also suggest you looking into a Keith
Monks
> record cleaning machine.

I also agree that you check with IASA
not IARSC) at http://ARSC-Audio.org , but
> even more important is for you
to join the important organization in your part
> of the world, SEAPAVAA,
SouthEast Asia-Pacific AudioVisual Archives
http://www.seapavaa.org/  Unfortunately their annual conference
> starts
in TWO DAYS in Indonesia!!!!  I'm looking at the pictures of last
> years
conference right now and I see a couple of friends of mine and two of
> my
former students from Thailand who went to my university in
> Kentucky,
Morehead State University.  Oh my goodness, I just noticed that one
> of
them is now the President of the association!!!!!!!  She is
> TUENJAI
SINTHUVNIK, who we called Lek.  My other student is Kannika
> Chivapakdee
who is chair of the Collection, Promotion and Access Committee.
> Contact
them next week when they have gotten home to Bangcock from
> the
conference.  Mention my name and I am sure they will bend over
> backwards
to help you out!!  I last saw them at the IASA Singapore conference
> in
2000.  I am sure they can also put you in touch with the other archives
in
> Taiwan.

Good luck in setting up your digital archive.  It will be a
> valuable
resource.

Mike Biel   mbiel at mbiel.com