[78-L] RadioRe: This Will Make Radio Even MORE Dead

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed May 13 13:45:05 PDT 2009

Bertrand CHAUMELLE wrote:
> Have you the seen the movie "THE BOAT THAT ROCKED" about the radio
> pirates ?

Thanks for telling us about this movie.  After I found the film was not
yet available on Amazon (but the CD set is) Leah just looked it up
(we're sitting here together with two computers!) and we watched the
promo.  It is open and opening in Europe now but we are not getting it
in the U.S. until August.

> If so, is there anything close to the truth in that story (the way
> thing really were, although it's an imaginary station)?--

Looking at the promo, it looks very close to the story I read in a
extensive book (can't remember the title) a few years ago about the
pirates.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com