[78-L] "Selling Sounds" reviewed

Bill McClung bmcclung at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 13 08:12:06 PDT 2009

Mr. Biel notes the publication date of May 31 on Amazon and May 1 on Amazon
UK.

Publishers set the official publication date usually at the end of the
month of publication so that books can be shipped and be in stores by the
official publication date.

So if you see a pub date of X you can be pretty sure that books will
actually be in stores two to three weeks prior to X date.

This also serves to try to keep reviews and ads from hitting before the
book is available.

Of course, the exception to this is the single on sale date for a national
blockbuster in which the publisher tries to have a book available in all
outlets on the same day.

And I'm thinking that cover was drawn and not photographed.  I thought it
was a pretty effective visual joke.

Mean You
> Lost Your Dog" or "The Whistler And His Dog" or "I Want A Hot Dog For My
Roll".