[78-L] Bartok Sampler

Malcolm Smith malcolms at redshift.com
Sun May 10 12:28:57 PDT 2009

I have two sets of LPs of Ditta Pastory and a ten inch lp of Bartok
accompanying two singers  in addition to the Library of Congress set
of LPs with Szigeti and a few other items. A friend who worked on
ships and used to bring home very obscure material had a lot of
Bartok records. It would be wonderful if someone could put out a full
collection of all this material. In addition to being a composer, he
gave a considerable number of piano recitals. There must be
recordings in the archives at Columbia University and perhaps
recordings of radio broadcasts..

Interesting your mention of Koussevitsky. I had thought it was Bouzy
and Hawks (sorry for the spelling) who had commissioned the Concerto
for Orchestra.

Malcolm Smith.