[78-L] Johnny Standley

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sun May 3 15:37:39 PDT 2009

At 18:47 02/05/2009, Dave Lennick wrote:
>This disc sold so well that you can be sure of finding a copy in just about
>every collection, and the Canadian pressings are of three types: crappy
>shellac, better soft shellac with a bit of vinyl mixed in, and laminated. All
>came from the Sparton plant.

Dave

One question about this -- well one I hope :-)

I looked at my copy, and it would appear that while the records were
pressed by Sparton, the masters were made by Capitol in the USA as
the record has the same little house-like emblem/ factory-mark in the
dead wax of the run out grooves as US Capitols are the same era.
Sparton pressed Columbias don't have this mark. I'll admit that I
don't know alot about this, so would Capitol USA have sent metal
parts to Sparton?

Tony