[78-L] The War Bond Man

bill freytag bill_freytag at yahoo.com
Sat May 2 16:26:37 PDT 2009

Class ~

Recently I aquired a 12 inch, 78RPM vinyl recording of the following:

This Our Land by David Broekman      featuring James Newell, Soloist         ND4-MC-6017-2

The War Bond Man by Andy Razaf     Frank Sinatra, Soloist         ND4-MC-6056-1

Both are backed by David Broekman and the Treasury Orchestra

The Frank Sinatra side references the 6th War Loan Drive with particular emphasis on the Pacific Theatre of Operations, so it dates from late 1944.

Does anyone know, were the recordings taken from radio broadcasts by the artists and just labeled as being by David Broekman, or were these specific recording sessions??

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Bill