[78-L] Judson, was Re: Sampson, also Nat Brusiloff

David Lennick dplennick at yahoo.com
Sat May 2 08:00:56 PDT 2009

Some Judsons that aren't Eugene Ormandy's Salon Orchestra? Amazing. Actually I have one blue label Judson I should check, since it's non-classical..part of a program, no artist on the label. Judson was a syndicated label named for artist manager and CBS co-founder Arthur Judson. Columbia (which co-owned the Columbia Broadcasting System but pulled out after about 3 months) did the pressings. Philco was an early sponsor of Judson transcribed programs.

dl