[78-L] Clamp them records down,durium chevrolet

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Apr 30 15:09:05 PDT 2009

Elizabeth McLeod wrote:
> on 4/30/09 1:12 PM David Lennick wrote:
>

>> McNamee is the announcer on all the Chevrolet sponsored programs (Rubinoff,
>> Musical Moments) World produced from around 1935-38.   dl
>>

> Yep, McNamee for the World programs, but other announcers were used for
> network series -- Havrilla in 1932-1933, and Robert Sherwood in 1937 (a
> series which also featured Rubinoff.)
>
> I've heard Westbrook Van Voorhis operating under the name of Hugh Conrad
> on some of the World Rubinoff programs as well.
>
> Elizabeth
AH HA!!!!!!!!!!   I thought I was going out of my everlovin'
cottonpickin' mind when is saw someone who I swear looked and sounded
like Westbrook Van Voorhis identifying himself as Hugh Conrad in a film
short showing a Rubinoff program being broadcast and recorded.  The
first time I saw it a couple of years ago I had just nudged Leah and
said "that's Westbrook Van Voorhis" when he said he was Hugh Conrad.
Talk about being taken down a peg in the eyes of your daughter.  Thank
you for restoring my reputation in her mind -- she's here on a rare
visit to Kentucky.

By the way, here is that film.  http://www.archive.org/details/OntheAir1937

Mike (regaining his sanity) Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com