[78-L] How well did they do it.

Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. citroenid19 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 30 09:03:35 PDT 2009

Royal Pemberton wrote:
> I wonder how much of one of the original WE recording systems still
> exists, and could be restored, and could be put into service at least
> long enough to make some test recordings?  I'd love to hear one of
> those 394-W/47A microphones now, also fed through today's mixers etc.
> How about the Brunswick gear?  Would any of this be at the
> Smithsonian?
>
> I also wonder if any record companies used the RCA 4-A condenser mike
> (the big square box job)?

Get to Milwaukee Wisconsin and tour Bob Paquette's microphone museum.
It's amazing
http://www.sssmilwaukee.com/Microphone%20Museum.html

I have been there and Bob gave me a tour, personally. A very
knowledgeable guy. I am sure he would be glad to answer any questions
you may have. Much if the equipment is operational. At least, I hope he
is in good health yet. I was there a few years ago and he was getting on
in years.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.