[78-L] How well did they do it.

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 15:21:56 PDT 2009

I wonder how much of one of the original WE recording systems still
exists, and could be restored, and could be put into service at least
long enough to make some test recordings?  I'd love to hear one of
those 394-W/47A microphones now, also fed through today's mixers etc.
How about the Brunswick gear?  Would any of this be at the
Smithsonian?

I also wonder if any record companies used the RCA 4-A condenser mike
(the big square box job)?