[78-L] Eurovision on 78

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 29 14:38:31 PDT 2009

At 21:23 29/04/2009, Dave Lennick wrote:
>Here are all the prize winners..and believe me, most of them would
>sound better
>at 78 no matter what speed they were recorded at. Some of the worst
>songs ever
>composed are here. Boom Bang a Bang? Save Your Kisses for Me?
Oh yes indeed. Take last years entry from Ireland by Dunstin the
Turkey -- pure rubbish! But then the year before, Molitva by Marija
Serifovic is fantastic -- a heck of a lot better than thcrap by the
like of ultra-proccessed singers like Beyonce -- and the 2004 entry
from the Ukraine by Ruslana -- Wild Dances is simply the hottest
thing I've ever seen or heard (but then I'm Eastern European and that
type of music speaks to my heart!)

>---
>Can't find 2nd and 3rd placers..I'm sure they're out there. Volare on Fonit
>turns up fairly frequently in Toronto.

Oh which label style -- Silver or blue? Ted Staunton has a blue
version on his site on
http://www.tedstaunton.com/labels/1950-1960.pages/Fonit/fonit.htm

Tony