[78-L] Green stylus designation

Iñigo Cubillo i.cubillo at telefonica.net
Mon Apr 27 15:49:43 PDT 2009

Yes, yes... In Spain we did so. Years ago my father gave me his old record player, a spanish hodge-podge beast mounted in a very beautiful wooden box, nice sounding valve amp and (MONO) loudspeaker in the lid. I believe he purchased this back in 1957 or so. The tone arm was one of those loooong black bacquelite Paillard ones, but with a different brand on it.

Pity of it... the motor system and transmission was badly designed, with a vertical idler wheel under the turntable, which transmitted all the word's vibrations into the needle. The TT was very much like a gramophone one, steel with soft brown velvet covering...

Sneeeeezzze !!!

Well. It also had the GREEN/RED point for the needles.

Iñigo Cubillo