[78-L] Minor League Baseball (was ABDB)^^^

Ken "Silver Showcase" kenreg at tds.net
Mon Apr 27 14:24:46 PDT 2009

David Weiner wrote:
> [...]

I used to go to Milwaukee Brewer games.  It was kinda fun - even though
the Brewers often seemed to be playing something other than baseball.
But even with free tickets I had to endure exasperating traffic
congestion, pay for parking and then walk long distances to get into the
ball park and battle large crowds of sometimes unruly people.  Sometimes
I bought tickets and sometimes I got free tickets through the company I
worked for at the time.  After a while I the only time I went was if I
got free tickets and even then it often seemed to be more hassle than it
was worth.

Then I started attending games of a minor league franchise in a town 10
miles south of here.  The ball park is just minutes away from my house.
Parking is free.  The walk from the parking lot is very short.  Nearly
every seat is close to the field.  Concessions don't cost a week's pay.
And for reasons I haven't figured out, there seem to be fewer obnoxious
people in attendance than at the major league games.  Because the crowd
is so much smaller the team mascot is able to get to every corner of the
stadium and meet with the fans and sign autographs for the kids.  Its
just a more intimate, friendly and fun way to go to the game.  But,
alas, they don't play 78s.

-- Ken