[78-L] Songs with Fred Astaire in the lyrics

Bertrand CHAUMELLE chaumelle at orange.fr
Fri Apr 24 15:22:12 PDT 2009

That was "Do It The Hard Way" (1940). "Fred Astaire once worked so
hard/ he often lost his breath/ and now he taps all others chaps to
death".

There's also "On Your Toes" from ON YOUR TOES (1936): "They climb the
clouds/ To come through with/ Aimail/ The dancing crowds/ Look up to
same rare male/ Like that Astaire male".

Beyond the 'forties, there are shows and movies like WHAT MAKES SAMMY
RUN ?, THE ROAD TO HONG KONG, IT'S ALWAYS FAIR WEATHER, BELL ARE
RINGING, TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME, WONDERFUL LIFE (UK), A DAY IN
HOLLYWOOD - A NIGHT IN THE UKRAINE...

BC