[78-L] Obscure Columbia catalog...

Graham Newton gn at audio-restoration.com
Mon Apr 20 09:37:08 PDT 2009

Somewhere around 1932, Columbia in the UK produced a catalog titled:-

"Catalog of Film Accompaniment Records"

It contained hundreds of their standard records of the day listed under 18
headings of 'Characteristic and Mood Music' and it included specialized mood
recordings for film synchronization by composers like J.S. Zamecnik.

I wonder if that was something issued by Columbia only in the UK or would it
also have seen the light of day in America?  I've never heard anything
previously about it... does anyone, by any chance, have a copy?

... Graham Newton

--
World class professional services applied to tape or phonograph records for
consumers and re-releases, featuring CEDAR's CAMBRIDGE processes.