[78-L] Tony Martin Decca re-issue

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Apr 19 20:21:30 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Davies" <SDavies at mtroyal.ca>
>I have a couple of B-sides slapped together with the original labels
> reprinted (Decca 3119-B/3403-B).  They tell me nothing about what re-issue
> album they may be from.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> original disc SettleCites:
>
> 3119A       Tony Martin "Tonight" (Perfidia) 67438=A (1940-mar-31)
> 3119B       Tony Martin "Fools rush in" 67440=A (1940-mar-31)
>
> 3403A       Tony Martin w. orch conducted by Victor Young "Call of the
> canyon" DLA2146 (1940-sep-10)
> 3403B       Tony Martin w. orch conducted by Victor Young "My next
> romance"
> DLA2131 (1940-sep-06)

US Decca had an unfortunate habit of doing this when existing sides were
to be recoupled for release in an "album set!?" Where existing sides were
RE-coupled, a new catalog number was assigned; however, when an
existing record was re-used, the label usually shows NO information
on the "album set"...!!

Once was a time I could have provided the data using my half-vast
archive of catalogs; however, that was before my (many expletives
deleted!!) landlady decided my premises needed a "good clean-up?!"

FEH quoth he...and then once again quoth with INCREASED
vehemence !*F*E*H*!!!

Should anyone out there in Radio-Land happen to own a working
fire-arm...I have several ideas...?!

Steven C. Barr