[78-L] Selmer label

Dnjchi at aol.com Dnjchi at aol.com
Sun Apr 19 15:35:38 PDT 2009

Merci!
Don Chichester

In a message dated 4/19/2009 6:27:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
chaumelle at orange.fr writes:

Yes,  it's related to the instruments. It began in 1947, I think;
director: Maurice Tézé; pressed by Pathé-Marconi (French EMI).
In  December 1950, Ducretet-Thomson absorbed Selmer and the records were
pressed by SAIP, in Sartrouville. The first Ducretet-Thomson-Selmer
catalogue was issued in March 1951. From January 1953 on, Selmer's  name
disappeared and the numbering system changed.

I have  some Coleman Hawkins improvisations on Selmer 78s (without
accompaniment).

BC
Le 19 avr. 09, à 22:25, Dnjchi at aol.com a  écrit :

> I have found a few Selmer 10" 78s, evidently of  European origin.  Is
> this
> the Selmer  instrument company?  Can someone inform me (us) of this
> label?
>
> Don Chichester

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220814852x1201410738/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26