[78-L] Jonathan and Darlene Edwards

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 19 15:00:38 PDT 2009

agp wrote:
> At 21:48 19/04/2009, David Lennick wrote:
>> I can remember hearing it for the first time....and it was definitely 1957.
>> Popular with CBC record hosts and Bob & Ray might have played it as well.
>

> Which just goes to show you how much CBC has lost the plot. I can't
> imagine people like Matt Galloway on Radio 1 in Toronto doing a bit
> with J&D on his show Here and Now. He's too busy talking about stuff
> like 'dub poetry' and things that don't mean a tinker's cuss to the
> folk in Haldeman County! Peter Gzowski we miss thee!
>
> Tony

More than likely I played some J&D when I guested with Gzowski or Harron in the
old days..hey, my late night show had a decent audience too, 20% of it south of
the border. Vince Giordano used to pick it up in Brooklyn and sent me a batch
of his LPs..also an invitation to hear him and enjoy a free bottle of
champagne. I'm presuming that invitation is no longer in effect.