[78-L] US Columbia in the UK

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 09:48:43 PDT 2009

'The CBS label as it is known today seceded from EMI in England in
1952.  From some dozen years its products were issued in that country
by the English branch of Philips, the mammoth Dutch electrical firm,
after which CBS established a London branch in its own right.'
--Brian Rust, from THE AMERICAN RECORD LABEL BOOK.

Prior to that, EMI released US Columbia items on its Columbia label.