[78-L] A few 78 queries.

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 18:01:41 PDT 2009

Recently I transferred a couple of records for which I can't find
recording dates beyond the years or specific locations, beyond London.

These are Columbia (UK) 2548, 'Oh, how he could sing an Irish song'
(mx 29301) b/w 'My boy' (mx 29324) by Jack Norworth, and Victor 36370,
Roger Quilter's A CHILDREN'S OVERTURE as played by the London
Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by John Barbirolli  (mxx 2B.3549 and
2B.3550).

I'd also like to know what the original HMV catalogue number was for
the Quilter.

And what is the earliest known electrically recorded Banner matrix?