[78-L] Musical Mobsters

rew1014 at yahoo.com rew1014 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 11 21:47:45 PDT 2009

--- On Sat, 4/11/09, Michael Biel <mbiel at mbiel.com> wrote:

> From: Michael Biel <mbiel at mbiel.com>
> Subject: Re: [78-L] Musical Mobsters
> To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
> Date: Saturday, April 11, 2009, 11:17 PM
> Randy Watts wrote:
> >
> > Some of the Sandy Hooks that contained complete radio
> broadcasts probably came from Goldin's own collection.
> Everything else always appeared to have been swiped from
> another label.
> >
> > Randy
> >

> Really?  Those were on Radiola Records.  I don't
> remenber any of the
> Sandy Hooks being just broadcasts.
>
> Mike Biel   mbiel at mbiel.com

Very few Sandy Hooks were broadcasts, best as I can recall. The COMMAND PERFORMANCE "Dick Tracy in B Flat" was on Sandy Hook, though, along with a handful of movie adaptations with Bing and Jeannette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy.

Those were in a box of LPs I picked up at a garage sale not long ago. That's why I remember them being on Sandy Hook rather than Radiola.

Randy