[78-L] Artie Wayne, journeyman recording artist?

Stephen Davies SDavies at mtroyal.ca
Sat Apr 11 21:36:09 PDT 2009

-----Forwarded by Stephen Davies/Academic/MRC on 04/11/2009 10:34PM -----
To: 78-l at klickitat.78online.com
From: Stephen Davies/Academic/MRC
Date: 04/10/2009 10:51PM
Subject: Artie Wayne, journeyman recording artist?

Here's a couple of entries for discs which I couldn't resist buying. No
disrespect intended to Artie Wayne, but I have never heard of him before.
He released two sides on VIP, and these sides were later released on KEM
(with reference to the VIP catalogue #s).

Is it probable that Wayne owned the sides and shopped them around, or did
he commission the pressings for sale in the lobby where his act was
playing?
Or is the KEM label a descendant of VIP?

Artie Wayne sings... (with Conductor/Arranger:  Tony Iavello)

DISC ONE
Label:  VIP
Catalog No:  1001/1002
Tracks:
1.  Rachel (2:33)(mx RL 33699      2-A-17M)
 (Tony Iavello/Harriett Pressman)
2.  Tonight or Never (3:10) (mx RL 33700X)
 (Ben Oakland/Paul F Webster)

DISC TWO
Label:  KEM
Catalog No:  2718

same details, except beside the matrix # is written #1001 / 1002

Any info would be appreciated.

Stephen D
Calgary

addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged
information. Please contact the sender immediately if you are not the
intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or
take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or