[78-L] Need to Identify two Acoustic Classical Records

Mike Harkin harkinmike at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 11 01:36:06 PDT 2009

This is extremely interesting:-  A Columbia L listing sent me some years
ago by a 78-eller says it IS the Beethoven 'Spring' sonata, first issued in Nov 1918 and June 1919 with Sammons and Murdoch, REISSUED August 1923
with Catterall and Murdoch!  US numbers as per Lennick; weird!  I know
UK Col redid acoustic recordings electrically, using the same disc nos.
suffixed with an R, but never heard of them, as far as I can recall, redoing an acoustic acoustically with different artists!

Well, we are dealing with a record co. here.  Have to check Smith's Columbia book when I get home, but don't recall its mentioning two sets of artists....

Mike in Plovdiv