[78-L] Elvis

Bill Knowlton udmacon1 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 8 06:07:12 PDT 2009

"About the nearest parallel to this in anyone in more recent times, I'd think, would be Elvis. If he hadn't died how and when he did, would he still be so big, and so hailed as a kind of god all these years later?"

As I recall, for years Elvis was pretty much a has-been when he died so suddenly. And with his departure so went the public's memory that this was the case.

BILL KNOWLTON, "Bluegrass Ramble," Sundays: 9 pm to midnight (EST) over WCNY-FM (91.3) Syracuse, WUNY (89.5) Utica, WJNY (90.9) Watertown NY, also: www.wcny.org      PO Box 2400, Syracuse NY 13220-2400. 315-457-6100
Life: Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug...

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me