[78-L] You get what you pay for [FWD]

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Wed Apr 8 04:54:42 PDT 2009

You're right,  Mike.  Or how about this variation:  You seldom get what you
DON'T pay for,  i.e. it's possible to get cheap records with cheap or no
minimums but not a sure deal my any means.

Recently I bought several records on ebay which had a starting bid of one
cent each...and I was the only bidder.  I'm talking about  Brunswick Red
Nichols,  not Frankie Laine Red Columbias!

But I don't expect that kind of thing to happen very often,  if ever,  and
my original observation was that it's kind of pointless to expect records to
be selling for what they did 40 years ago.

Taylor B