[78-L] Tom Lehrer was Two Singers who cause

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Apr 7 11:17:35 PDT 2009

Thomas Stern wrote:
> There were a couple of Lehrer albums which I've
> been unable to find -
>
>   Decca (Aus) LKA 7505, 1960
>   Tom Lehrer Discovers Australia (And Vice Versa)
>
>   Alberta Theatre Projects ATP 261258, 1981
>   Alberta Theatre Projects and Arts Club Theatre, Vancouver present
> Tomfoolery
>
> Anybody have them?
>
> Best wishes, Thomas.

I have  Tomfoolery London cast album, the one with the red cover.  I see
this Alberta version has been added to the discography since the
previous times I used it.  The Australian album is impossible to find.
The U.S. album of Revisited contains one side from it, and the other
side from Harvard.  The British version has both sides from Harvard and
was the version reissued on CD.  The idiots at Rhino didn't realize that
the British LP was so much easier to find than the U.S. album because it
was in print for a decade after the U.S. album was deleted.  The CDs
also do not have the proper real stereo versions.  I've never seen a
Lehrer label LP in stereo.

Leah just scored the jackpot in the 10-inch original Lehrer album at
Amoeba in L.A. last month.  She found the Transradio version with
Lehrer's HOME ADDRESS on the back instead of the P.O. Box!!  That was
the very first issue--only 400 copies.  And they charged her all of one
buck!  We've got about 15 other copies of the 10-incher between us,
three of them on Transradio.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com