[78-L] Record collecting [was (no subject)]

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon Apr 6 19:54:26 PDT 2009

---- Original Message -----
From: "Robert M. Bratcher Jr." <bratcher at pdq.net>
> At 04:49 PM 4/3/2009, you wrote:
>>Robert M. Bratcher Jr. wrote:
>> > I don't know they exact year when people started collecting records
>> > as opposed to buying them. Whats the difference between a record
>> > collector & a record buyer anyway? The fact that a record collector
>> > takes good to excellent care of whatever records he (or she) has in
>> > their collection? Or is it something else?
>>==========
>>I suppose there are at least three types of record collector; those who
>>collect for rarity's sake; those who consider the music thereon worthy
>>of preserving and those who want to preserve them as a historical record.
>>       Julian Vein
> Well I'm your 2nd type.
...RMB

And you can add a "Type IV!!" I enjoy the music on my 78's...and am VERY
interested in the related discographic-data compilations (and also try to
correct, improve and/or expand my DG!!)...but, above and beyond that,
I am basically a "DATA collector!" Thus, when/if I finally reach my life's
goal...the Complete Digital Database of "EFREM!!"...I shall be satisfied!

The basic idea is the perfection of a COMPLETE collection...?!

...stevenc