[78-L] From Brad K: The Last Generic Songster?

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Mon Apr 6 18:04:14 PDT 2009

I don't follow this thread..what makes the ones "generic" and the others
not?   Is someone saying that the crooners were distinct from each other in
a way that Arthur Fields couldn't be distinguished from Murray or Kaufman or
Harry Richman?  Doesn't make sense to me...all the singers mentioned of both
eras sound quite distinctive to me.

Taylor (confused once again)