[78-L] BLUE STAR

Harold Aherne leotolstoy_75 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 6 08:19:37 PDT 2009

I've thought about that too--we now have every domestic Victor session through late
1917 documented at EDVR, a large number of 1918-25 Victor sessions included in the
various Rust discographies (and more noted in John Bolig's recent publications),
most 1925-36 sessions in Rust's discography covering those years, and plenty of
info is available on Victor's recordings up to the AFM ban. But I've never encountered
as much data on RCA Victor recordings made *after* 1942, save for the jazz
sessions. Anyone know when Ethel Merman's "Marching Through Berlin"/
"Move it Over" on 20-1521 was recorded? William R. Daniels shows it as a 1/43 release,
so it was probably recorded a month or two earlier, even though it isn't listed in
Rust's CED.

It'll be interesting to see what the EDVR reveals when it gets to these years, but in
the meantime, someone has compiled all of Perry Como's sessions and published
them beginning on this page:
http://www.kokomo.ca/singles/1940_49.htm
So if you just have to know what he recorded on 19 December 1946 (or whenever),
now can find out!

-Harold