[78-L] Marilyn Monroe studio recordings..some info please

Randy Watts rew1014 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 5 17:46:03 PDT 2009

--- On Sun, 4/5/09, David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> Subject: Re: [78-L] Marilyn Monroe studio recordings..some info please
> To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
> Date: Sunday, April 5, 2009, 10:44 AM
> Should'a looked in the Irving Berlin
> Songography (Dave Jay, Arlington House).
>
> RCA EPA 593: MARILYN MONROE in Irving Berlin's THERE'S NO
> BUSINESS LIKE SHOW
> BUSINESS: You'd Be Surprised; Heat Wave; Lazy; After You
> Get What You Want You
> Don't Want It.
>
> Apparently "After You Get What You Want" was cut from the
> film in Canada, and a
> new song "But I Ain't Got a Man" never made it into the
> film at all. I wonder
> why that one hasn't turned up on any of the unauthorized
> compilations?

And lord knows how many unauthorized Marilyn Monroe compilations there have been, starting long before any of her issued recordings was old enough to have fallen into the public domain outside the U.S.A. Maybe ownership rights to her recordings are too convoluted and scattered for any one entity to have wanted to go the trouble of trying to stop the parade of bootlegs.

Randy